I often refer to the adaptation of the boy scout rule for software development which says that as a software developer you should aim to ”always check a module in cleaner than when you checked it out” .
Continuing to be inspired by the boy scouts and their scout law, here are 7 simple rules that every software developer should aim to live by.
- A software developer always tries to write as clean code as possible and respects the code written by others.
- A software developer acts honestly and reliably.
- A software developer is friendly and helpful towards others.
- A software developer shows respect and is a good coworker.
- A software developer faces difficult times with a cheerful mood.
- A software developer gets to know the code base and cherishes it.
- A software developer feels responsible for his code and that of his coworkers.